Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Self - Portrait

My Self-Portrait

That was one of my favorite activities. We made a self-portrait picture with the minds and emotions we have and we want to be. Our professor let our self-portrait picture critique by random people around San Beda. And the self-portraits are:


From left is Me, the center top is Chezka, the center center is Erika, the center bottom is Jake and the right is Pasi

Each of us has different attitude and personality on how our self-portrait pictures capture the mind and attitude of our viewers. Each has different talents and views our daily life. The one made by Erika for herself reflects on how she enjoys life with nature. Her posing collides with the background with very good attitude. To Cheska’s work, we were similar, closed eyes but the only difference is that she describes herself with the text above to his head. Her picture was like a teenager with pleasing background. To Pasi, aside from black and white color, the mosquito net like captured me with his hands taking it off. His work symbolizes freedom. For Jake, it is collage of three places and himself from child up to present

Ryan Haw was the one who critique my artwork. He says that aside from black and white color effect and the formation of my eyes and lips were dissonant. Mostly, people will smile with their eyes are open but in my picture it is not. He said that I may be dreaming. Yes, that was my intention. I am a dreamer! Dreams are high, enough for me to be the best that I can be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment